ivaTuner is the most powerful tweaking utility for NVIDIA display adapters running under Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME / Windows 2000. The purpose of this utility is to give you access to undocumented features of Detonator drivers. All versions of Detonator drivers have a lot of undocumented registry entries. Some of them donít affect anything, but some are very useful. In general they cannot give you big performance boost but they can improve image quality and solve some compatibility problems. RivaTuner will help you to change all undocumented registry entries. It supports all versions of Detonators drivers starting from Detonator 2.08 under Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME (Detonator 5.08 or higher under Windows 2000).
Added to RC7:
Latest version of RivaTuner is out!!!. What's new...:
- Full Windows XP and Detonator 21.xx (alias Detonator XP) support.
- Added Detonator XP styled texture format settings, which allow you to customize the texture formats supported by the Direct3D driver separately for DirectX7 and DirectX8 applications.
- Added databases and presets for Detonators 8.04, 14.70 and 21.81.
- Added detailed context sensitive help system for Launcher, System, Direct3D, OpenGL and Color options. The most of the information, included in RivaTuner's context help is exclusive and never was available in any other tweaking program.
- Added SoftQuadro driver detection for Windows2000/XP. Now RivaTuner automatically detects the drivers patched via SoftQuadro and enables professional OpenGl options. SoftQuadro driver detection for Windows 9x is not implemented yet, but you can enable professional OpenGL options via ForceQuadro registry entry is you use the drivers patched with SoftQuadro. Read FAQ for details.
Added the code, which prevents RivaTuner from detecting two GeForce2 MX devices on TwinView boards.
main tab layout. A lot of users were confused with the new main tab layout, introduced in the previous version, an could not locate the driver customization popup. New interface enhancement helps the newbies to find it. Now the button flashes until you press it the first time.
Added driver independent low-level overclocking monitor. Now RivaTuner can read and display the clock frequencies directly via PLL. It helps you to monitor the real clock frequencies and verify the driver's settings. This feature works with the primary display adapter only.
Unified I/O driver (uniio.sys) has been replaced with new I/O driver (rivatuner.sys). This driver is based upon the unified IO driver, but is consumes less memory and it correctly restores I/O access map after unloading. This helps to partially address the keyboard lock issue in fullscreen DOS applications under Windows XP. Read the list of known issues for details.
Added databases for Detonator 21.85.
New in RC8:
Lots of new changes and fixes. Adds Full Detonator 23.xx support.
- Added Lightspeed Memory Architecture related options for GeForce3 based boards.
- Disabled texel alignment controls for GeForce3 boards on the Detonator IV and higher.
- New low level overclocking monitor. New low level core uses memory mapped I/O instead of VGA I/O ports. This allows to monitor the clock frequencies on non-primary NVIDIA display adapters. The previous low level overlocking monitor could also cause the system to hang during an attempt to read clock frequencies after resuming from suspended mode. This issue is fully addressed now.
- Added built-in 60Hz refresh rate fix for Windows 2000/XP. This fix enumerates all the display modes supported by your graphics hardware and allows it to use only the maximum supported refresh rate for each display mode.
- Added low level driver independent overclocking module for NVIDIA based display adapters. Now RivaTuner can directly program NVIDIA core and memory PLLs and set the clock frequencies bypassing the driver. I've added this module special for GeForce2 MX owners to work around the major overclocking problems, introduced in the DetonatorXP.
- Added databases for the Detonator 3.34 (w9x only), 3.56 (w9x only), 3.68 (w9x only), 3.72 (w9x only), 3.75 (w9x only), 3.76 (w9x only), 3.77 (w9x only), 4.20 (w9x only), 5.08, 5,1x, 6.1x, 6.26, 6.27, 6.3x, 21.83, 22.50 and 22.80.
Added nForce northbridges support to the low level graphics subsystem diagnostic module. Added more VIA northbridges to the hardware database. Disabled 'NVIDIA specific display adapter information' diagnostic report category for Aladdin and nForce integrated display adapters. Disabled low level memory clock adjustment for Aladdin and nForce integrated display adapters.
- Links Down -
2.0 RC 11.1
Send to a friend